Six Mets are currently getting some extra swings in the Arizona Fall League with the Grand Canyon Rafters...outfielder Lastings Milledge, catcher Andy Wilson, infielder Chase Lambin, and pitchers Matt Lindstrom, Jeremy Hill, and Evan MacLane are playing for the AFL franchise, which is shared with prospects of the Marlins, Twins, Rangers, and Yankees.
Mets and Yankees playing together?
Black is up? East is white? Dogs and cats in the same household?
Well here is how your Mets are doing:
- Milledge has 6 hits in 18 at bats including a dinger and 2 doubles. He's driven in four runs while batting mainly second and once at leadoff in the batting order. Milledge went 3 for 5 with 3 RBI's in a 7-4 win over Mesa.
- Lambin is batting .286 with a homer and three RBI's, all of which he had on the eighth in a 16-8 loss to Phoenix. He's generally been hitting towards the bottom of the order.
- Andy Wilson, a late replacement for Mike Jacobs, has played sparingly and is only one for four.
- Matt Lindstrom, he of the 95 mph fastball, gave up four hits, four runs, and three walks in a third of an inning in that 16-8 loss to Phoenix on the eighth.
- Jeremy Hill was the winner for the Rafters last night out of the bullpen pitching two near perfect innings while the score was 4-2...the Rafters won 8-2.
- Evan Maclane has a healthy ERA of 31.50 in two innings so far this season, both pitched while starting against Phoenix on the 8th...he gave up 7 runs in those two innings.
The link to follow the Rafters is can be found in the sidebar.