Saturday, July 04, 2009

Moratorium On Optimism

This is what I get for being "uncharacteristically optimistic". I get six innings of shutout ball from Rodrigo Lopez, who's been riding buses and eating Krystal's for two years. Oh, and I get Livan Hernandez giving up seven runs in Philadelphia while wearing a red hat.
"Yeah, let's have the Mets wear the red hats while they're in Philadelphia, I don't see a problem with that."-Bud Selig ... maybe
See? I try to let loose a ray of sunshine, I get a 7-2 loss in red hats. It's my fault. No more optimism. We're done. We're not winning another game until the all-star break. And Fernando Nieve's getting lit up on national television tomorrow like a roman candle.

(Knowing full well how Fernando Nieve pitched the last time I implied he was going to get lit up during a FOX telecast. See how this works? Roman candle? Fourth of July? Ah, forget it.)

4 comments:

Demitri said...

Now you're starting to make sense again. We all have to stop it with this "Glass Half Full" bullshit. The glass is empty, maybe broken into a bunch of jagged pieces.

I don't blame you though. Rodrigo Lopez. Really? I told someone that if the Mets couldn't hit this guy, I was going to write a letter to Bud Selig suggesting that the Mets were a good candidate for contraction.

Metstradamus said...

Hope you find stationery with suitable letterhead.

Dan said...

It sure is easier to feel good about this team when you don't have to watch it play.

I hope our boy Johan is on his game tomorrow.

nutballgazette said...

I am stunned on how bad the Mets are playing,
The way they are playing I say if they played the 1962 Mets 162 times the 62 Mets would win 95 of the games,
Why only 95 games, Hey the 62 Mets ages are anywhere from 64 Years old to in their 80s. Otherwise they would have won 120 Games.