Some people, some teams, some franchises, are sprinkled with pixie dust from above.
The New York Mets? They're pelted with shards of broken glass from above.
And that is the only excuse I will accept from Luis Castillo as to why he dropped Alex Rodriguez's pop up which should have ended the game in our favor, and not in our misery.
I seriously don't know what to say anymore. Bad enough I root for a team that needs a GPS to run the bases, now this? What can you say about a game that made Ryan Church missing third feel like a World Series parade?
Tell me what I can do.
Go through every bad loss we've had in the last three years? Old hat.
Wish for this whole team to be traded? Omar would probably mess that up.
Threaten to jump off a bridge? Nobody pays attention when I do that anymore. Half of my friends probably wish I'd just do it already.
Take it in stride and just move on to tomorrow's Met game? With Fernando Nieve on the hill? (Nieve, by the way, means "clenched fist", as in the one I wish to punch myself in the face with repeatedly, as opposed to "nueve" which is Spanish for what Nieve's ERA will be after tomorrow's game.)
No, I will turn this into a positive, and provide you with alternative viewing options to tomorrow's, inevitably disastrous Mets game:
- NBC has motorcycle racing ... the Alli AMA Motocross Series from Mount Morris, PA.
- Nickolodeon has "The Penguins of Madagascar", not to be confused with the Penguins of Pittsburgh, who might win ten more Stanley Cups before the Mets sniff the playoffs again.
- Gladiator can be seen on WPIX. Everyone dies in the movie. After Friday night, that qualifies as a "pick me up".
- NRL rugby can be seen on MSG+. No word on whether Castillo will be looking towards that league for future employment.
- Steel Magnolias is on Oxygen. It's about six women who's spirits are made of steel ... just like Castillo's glove.
- Oooh, exciting stuff on MTV: It's a marathon of "I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Outta Here".