Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Quick! Name That Ex-Met:

If you said Jose Offerman, you're not only right, you're a keen observer of detail. If you're wondering why he has a bat in his hands while on the mound...well I'm not sure I know the answer to that myself. Ummm, he's a moron, perhaps?
"Long Island Ducks shortstop Jose Offerman charged the mound wielding a bat Tuesday night after being hit by a pitch, according to the Connecticut Post. Bridgeport Bluefish starting pitcher Matt Beech hit Offerman in the second inning and a brawl ensued that resulted in Offerman's arrest. He was being held on $10,000 bond on a second-degree assault charge. Offerman hit a home run in the first inning and was hit by a 0-1 fastball in the calf. Offerman's attack left Beech with a broken middle finger on his non-throwing right hand. Also injured was catcher John Nathans, who suffered from symptoms related to a concussion."

Excellent. That's how to shake the image of a bitter old man. Way to go Jose.

Wait...Long Island Ducks shortstop Jose Offerman?

Shortstop? He's like 100 years old!

I feel like Jose just gave me a concussion with a bat.

Oh, let me reiterate in this space that Jose Offerman is a douchebag.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wait, he's 100 years old? then willie and omar should love him.

sorry, sorry. just a little bitter. i realize this is *jose offerman* we're talking about

Anonymous said...

The one thing I miss about Jose Offerman's stint with the Mets was his "I can't believe you just walked in on me while I'm taking a crap" look on his face in the Jumbotron photo.

Anonymous said...

John Maine is ####ing up a 5-run lead. Can Offerman knock some sense into him?

Anonymous said...

Offerman was recently interviewed by Fran Healy on the hit show "The Game 365". You spend more than 30 seconds with Healy, you'll throw more than a bat.

I believe Jose Offerman showed remarkable restraint.