Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Quick! Name That Ex-Met:

If you said Jose Offerman, you're not only right, you're a keen observer of detail. If you're wondering why he has a bat in his hands while on the mound...well I'm not sure I know the answer to that myself. Ummm, he's a moron, perhaps?
"Long Island Ducks shortstop Jose Offerman charged the mound wielding a bat Tuesday night after being hit by a pitch, according to the Connecticut Post. Bridgeport Bluefish starting pitcher Matt Beech hit Offerman in the second inning and a brawl ensued that resulted in Offerman's arrest. He was being held on $10,000 bond on a second-degree assault charge. Offerman hit a home run in the first inning and was hit by a 0-1 fastball in the calf. Offerman's attack left Beech with a broken middle finger on his non-throwing right hand. Also injured was catcher John Nathans, who suffered from symptoms related to a concussion."

Excellent. That's how to shake the image of a bitter old man. Way to go Jose.

Wait...Long Island Ducks shortstop Jose Offerman?

Shortstop? He's like 100 years old!

I feel like Jose just gave me a concussion with a bat.

Oh, let me reiterate in this space that Jose Offerman is a douchebag.

4 comments:

metsgrrl said...

wait, he's 100 years old? then willie and omar should love him.

sorry, sorry. just a little bitter. i realize this is *jose offerman* we're talking about

Anonymous said...

The one thing I miss about Jose Offerman's stint with the Mets was his "I can't believe you just walked in on me while I'm taking a crap" look on his face in the Jumbotron photo.

Anonymous said...

John Maine is ####ing up a 5-run lead. Can Offerman knock some sense into him?

G-Fafif said...

Offerman was recently interviewed by Fran Healy on the hit show "The Game 365". You spend more than 30 seconds with Healy, you'll throw more than a bat.

I believe Jose Offerman showed remarkable restraint.