Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Moon Over My Hammy

This is rich.

A Chinese company claiming to be "Lunar Embassy" has had it's license suspended for trying to sell real estate on the Moon. Each owner of lunar soil was issued a "certificate" that ensured property ownership including rights to use the land and minerals up to three km underground. The best part is: thirty four people actually paid money (about $37 each) for real estate on the moon!

In an unrelated story, Mets owner Fred Wilpon has announced that plans to build his new stadium has been suspended due to land ownership issues. Who knew?

6 comments:

Metstradamus said...

jab,

It's a moon joke. Nobody has pulled out.

michael o. said...

I need to become crooked just so I can rip some of these people off. I wouldn't have to work a day in my life again.

Anonymous said...

"Nobody has pulled out."

Now we know why we're stuck with Jeff Wilpon.

michael o. said...

"Nobody has pulled out."

Now we know why we're stuck with Jeff Wilpon.


SCREW YOU!!! I couldn't think of a tasteful joke involving pulling out so I opted to do none.

CLASSIC!!!

Metstradamus said...

Ming, after 7 seasons of no playoffs, I'm being cautious in my enthusiasm. I do think this season is different. And I'm willing to give Dominic Moore my Stephen McDonald award right now.

Metstradamus said...

I like Prucha too. Is Petr Prucha Czech for "Peter Puck"?