Saturday, March 13, 2010

Ain't That The Truth

True story:

Going home on the E train, and I go in the front car which is probably where I am most of the time on the train. I walk in wearing a sweatshirt with a Mets logo and I go to lean on the door where the conductor is in. At that very moment, the conductor opens the door so I get caught in a moment of stifled momentum. Wearing the Mets gear, I'm surprised the door didn't separate my shoulder.

The conductor looks at me and I'm thinking it's that "what the hell are you doing leaning on the door ... don't you read the signs that say don't lean on the door of the subway car" look. So I immediately apologize to him. What do you think the conductor says to me at that moment?
"Dude, you're gonna need a replacement shortstop."
It was a re-affirmation moment for me. This guy most likely has never read my blog or heard of my blog. But he looked at my Mets logo and immediately went into a Jose Reyes riff. He's why I blog.

So thanks for that.

And for not crashing the train into the retaining wall at Forest Hills. Last thing I need is a 2009 metaphor.

7 comments:

BrooklynTrolleyBlogger said...

Be happy a transit cop didn't have you down on the floor with his knee in your neck and a partner reaching for his "billyclub". Right now that logo is like having chicken pox; people not only know you're sick, but contagious too!

Nigel said...

Classic story.

Anonymous said...

So...after your bashing of Ollie's first start...nothing about the four hitless innings..just more self-loathing. Sad. Do you actually like the Mets.

Thomas

Metstradamus said...

Sorry Thomas, I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to have a life outside this blog, or a paying job ... which I'm at now if you must know.

P.S. I didn't get around to bashing Ollie until 10:50PM in that post you refer to. You couldn't at least give me three more hours?

Jeez.

Unknown said...

Anon, he always posts late, late even for me, and I'm not in his time zone. He must like the late nights.

I am in love with this Takahashi fellow.

Anonymous said...

Just bursting your chops. Gotta make sure u give me some positive occassionally.

Thomas

FC said...

hilarious... I wonder if I ever ran into you on the train. I'm the other guy with the rain cloud over his head