Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday Dreamin'

I had a nightmare just now that Peyton Manning was firing darts all over the field against the Jets in the AFC title game. And Endy Chavez was in the stands next to me wearing a Gilligan hat and a Revis Island t-shirt.

And the very last pass that Manning threw ...








... struck out Carlos Beltran with the bases loaded.

Then he shot a commercial with Justin Timberlake at the 50-yard-line before accepting the Lamar Hunt Trophy. Omar Minaya then took the podium at Lucas Oil Field to announce that he had traded Shonn Greene for Sean Green and Shawn Green. In celebration, Dwight Freeney, Reggie Wayne, and Hanley Ramirez tied me up to the north goalpost and left me to die. Hours later, Tom Glavine sidled up next to me, put his arm around me, and told me that I had nothing to be devastated about. And that's when I woke up in a cold sweat.

I don't know what this means except for the fact that all those steroids I've been taking for purely medical purposes have made me hallucinate two sports at once (does that make me the Bo Jackson of nightmares?)

Well, I'm just glad that's over. And I'm glad that no matter what happens in the AFC Championship game today, it can't possibly be as bad as that.

Can it?

Go Jets.

5 comments:

DyHrdMET said...

I'm sure you're joking about that dream, but if you weren't, you'd need serious help. No ending of the game can be as bad as the dream as long as everyone is able to walk off the field and onto the team busses after the game.

Could this success all be some daemons of Shea Stadium that got exorcised about a year ago when the final pieces of concrete came tumbling down having worked themselves out of the Jets?

Anonymous said...

It's the Jets. Of course it can be as bad as all that. How many years have you been watching Jets games?

Unser said...

Ugh. Please retire that Beltran picture. . . although it's a nice piece of camera work.

Anonymous said...

LMAO. Oh. I like it! J-E-T-S.

Schneck said...

Its time to stop inhaling the foam from your Mr Met pillow.