Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Pitcher Grand Slams Are So Four Months Ago

So much for the "Cubs have nothing to play for theory". Yeah, I loved when people asked me "Hey, the Cubs have nothing to play for so that should help the Mets, right?" Oh yeah, except that these are the same Mets who lost the last four out of six to the Braves ... who also had nothing to play for except jamming it down our necks. And the Cubs at half speed are better than these Braves at full speed. The Mets speed? Think Mo Vaughn running through 100 yards of marshmallow fluff.

The same marshmallow fluff that Jon Niese threw to Jason Marquis for his grand slam, which helped crushed the Mets tonight in the first day of the rest of your life. So let me get this straight: This is the Cubs team the Mets are supposed to beat in the first round? The team that has nothing to play for?

That's all right ... Because the way they're going, soon the Mets will have nothing to play for too.

(Editor's note: "Choke" opens in theatres this Friday. Apparently, they made a movie about 2007. Lucky for them the sequel's being written as we speak.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate baseball. And, funny, after last night, I hate football too.

Yick.

Anonymous said...

Grand Slam by Jason Marquis...are you kidding me....you can not be serious? So it boils down to the fact that we NEED Johan to win today and possibly Sunday to give us a shot for postseason like we needed Pedro to beat the Cardinals last season and we couldn't hit? We could not beat Jason Marquis and now they face a Canuck who throws 96 MPH? The Braves play like 1999 against us but last night they played like last place meant something? It is 4:45 AM in SoCal...I think it is time for a drink. Omar, start cleaning up your office...
Beezermess

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I loved that. The Cubs already clinched so they'll just lie down . . .

Didn't last night game remind you of last year's Phil Humber game? Eerily similar for me.

This is it - they've got 6 games to prove they're a playoff team, or a bunch of chokers.

Anonymous said...

And one other thing . . . for the final 6 games, I think we should count the number of times Luis Castillo hits a ball past the pitcher. If he hits 7, I'll be shocked.

BlueDog said...

B.O.H.I.C.A.

Bend Over, Here It Comes Again!

Demitri said...

There have been ads all over the NYTimes and Facebook for that damn movie. It was really pissing me off because it always seemed to show up when I was reading about the Mets.

Talk about predictive advertising. The banner ads say "Choke - September 26th"

Maybe they'll be right?