Friday, July 25, 2008

Cecil Wiggins: The Gift That Keeps On Giving

Xavier Nady is a Yankee.

The right handed bat that the Mets needed, once had, and probably wasn't going to get back anyway, went to ... of all places ... the Yankees.

All because Cecil Wiggins is a drunk.

(Another day, another shirt I have to burn.)

If Oliver Perez, the last remnant of that drinking induced trade, signs with the Yankees in the off season, I'm hunting Wiggins down.

(So I can teach him how to throw a curve ball and hit lefthanders ... because you know, he'll owe the Mets some innings and some at-bats.)

4 comments:

upstate met fan said...

I wish the xman the best.. Shane Victorino? I can't believe people picked Shane in your poll.. come on people Jimmy is a major tool!

Metstradamus said...

You know what the difference is though ... Jimmy was doing nothing but showing confidence in his team when he said what he said. Victorino has directed some a bit of venom at the Mets in the past ... and his little standing on the plate bit on Tuesday put him over the top.

I think I'm with the majority on this one, believe it or not.

Anonymous said...

I still have to go with Werth. Plus he just looks plain freaky. How much do you want to make a bet that he hangs out with Scott Spezio in the off season? I think they both have the same stylist.

Sheez tonight was freaky - with the deja-vu bullpen performance, that thankfully stopped being a carbon copy of Tuesday by the time Feliciano came in.

katherine said...

Jimmy Rollins is not so bad, he gave an interview to the NYTimes last month and said lots of nice things about Jose Reyes.

And what is it with Keith and his pronunciation of our second baseman's name: the way he says it,it sounds like "Our Anus"