Thursday, November 26, 2009

Elmer Dessens Wishes You A Happy Thanksgiving!

And why not? After all, you have a lot to be thankful for! First thing being that the Mets are interested in bringing their best reliever back for 2010. Hey, don't laugh, Elmer Dessens was the picture of health last season (ahh, that felt so good ... calling it "last" season.)

Also, you'll get to see him wear those spiffy new "throwbacks", on sale tomorrow at your local Mets clubhouse store just in time for the holidays. Although I gotta say, the cream color combined with the black drop shadow on them ("combines old and new elements of Mets uniforms", they call it) kinda looks like the white pinstriped uniforms hadn't been washed in a few months. That's okay. It just means Dessens will be "thrown back" to 2003, when he stunk.

But anyway, glad the Mets are busy designing new uniforms (which consisted of going from white to cream, and nothing else), Mets-izing Citi Field, (which they were shamed into doing, so let's see if they go all out or if they just paint the park "eggshell"), and wooing Elmer Dessens. Hard at work for you, the paying customer. And that, is what I'm thankful for this holiday season.

Now go eat.

5 comments:

MetFanMac said...

A turkey? How apropo.

Unser said...

I'm thankful that Razor Shines is no longer the 3rd base coach, although I have no idea why in the hell he was retained to coach 1st base. I guess we'll have less runners thrown out at home, yet more pegged at second base. So that's an improvement.

Hazeleyes said...

I am thankful that the 2009 season is over and done with, that is what I am happy about!!

But I am also thankful for Metsradamus himself who keeps me laughing when I want to cry!

Schruender said...

A bigger shoe is going to drop. They have to bring up the merchandise sales before Christmas.

Unknown said...

How do we get rid of Jerry Manuel?