Thursday, January 08, 2009

Odds And Ends

Because an abundance of off-season blog posts aren't in the budget anymore (stupid sub-prime loans!)

The Mets have apparently offered Tim Redding a contract to be the next pitcher to lose the last game of the season and knock the Mets from the playoffs. Then he'll have more time to work on that golf swing.

Is it me, or is Scott Boras less of an agent and more of a used car salesman these days? ("I have an older model that still purrs, and a flashier model that sometimes has trouble with the ignition. I offer financing plans for both which involve a nice commission for me. What can I interest you in?")

And by the way, remember when we were sick of blogging about the Mets trading for Manny Ramirez? Now we're getting sick of blogging about signing Derek Lowe. How is it that over the years our sights just get set lower and lower?

Pat Burrell? Let him terrorize the Yankees now. Then maybe he'll work his way out of the Hall of Hate.

(Editor's note: Oh who are we kidding?)

J.C. Romero? You know, fifty games off is just more opportunity to rest so he can kill the Mets in the last 112.

And you know J.C. rhymes with G.N.C. What? I'm just sayin'. (For the record, J.C. probably got screwed.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

JC got screwed only if you believe him. Personally, I think he's f-ing lying.

Metstradamus said...

It's not so much that I believe him, but I don't put it past the MLB or the players union to completely screw players over.

Demitri said...

Apparently, consulting with the players association or MLB wasn't necessary. One only needed to read the label on the bottle, which stated that taking it might cause positive tests for performance enhancing drugs. Sorry, I don't buy the sob story here.

upstate met fan said...

JC got screwed? I hope you are kidding. I think his punishment should be to hang out with bucket head Clemmens for all of 2009 season.. that's just for starters. Then he should sell peanuts at CitiField for just one weekend. Hehehe

Demitri said...

So is anyone else worried that we're going to miss out on both Lowe and Perez?

I hear Glavine is now open to pitching outside Atlanta...

Jersey Girl said...

Catching up on some past blogs and, as usual, you have me laughing out loud. Love the Luwii
post!