Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Computer, And Brain, Under Construction

I'm starting to think I've pissed off the baseball gods or something.

They have zapped my trusty laptop of its ability to "left click".

If it was the republicans that robbed me of my "left click", I could understand. But whatever could I have said to piss off the baseball gods?

Are they Rick White fans or something? I don't get it.

So here's where I'm at: at this moment, and after two plus hours of searching the nooks and crannies of my control panel, I have found a way to work around my issue...somewhat. However because I am of such fragile mind, I have let the issues with my computer completely frustrate me and sap me of what little ability I have...therefore, I have nothing useful to add about Monday's win that other bloggers haven't already said.

Except to say that the Mets are at 80 victories and counting...which means that since we are only in late August, we freakin' rule. How's that for analysis?

The boys at Faith and Fear have talked about the way it was in '86, where headlines like "ho-hum, another Mets win" were common. I, along with Greg and Jason, wondered when it would get to that point. Perhaps, today was the day.

Other than that, I have nothing for you. I'm completely disappointed in myself, and the people that know me are throwing rocks at me at this very moment. A little adversity is thrown in my lap, and I fold. Good lord, I'm the Armando Benitez of blogging.

So allow me to at least make your mouse click worth while for somebody. A good friend of mine by the name of Stefano Fasulo is planning a 122 mile bicycle ride (!) to help raise money for the Cancer Center for Kids at Winthrop University Hospital sometime in the next month. One hundred and twenty two miles is basically the length of Carlos Delgado's combined home runs this season so that's a pretty long way. All I know is that I couldn't ride one mile without collapsing on the grass in pain so I'm in some awe here.

For more information about the bicycle ride, or if you would like to make a donation, please contact Steph at (516) 375-1049, and tell him Metstradamus sent you...so he can laugh at you and call you names.

And now, with apologies to Jon Stewart, here's your moment of Zen.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't you just buy a mouse? They're like 20 bucks...

Anonymous said...

yeah, buy mouse. :)

Anonymous said...

I bet Brian Cashman could afford to buy a mouse.

Anonymous said...

MD- just turn your mouse upside down. Bang-o...left button working fine...

And don't say I never helped you with anything.

Anonymous said...

well my less than 3 year old unwarrantied 27" sony wega just seized up on me yesterday so im feeling your pain. actually im feeling my pain. screw you!

Ed in Westchester said...

alias - time for an LCD, Plasma or DLP TV.
I am waiting for my 32 inch JVC to crap out so I can upgrade to HDTV. It craps out ocassionally, but if I unplug it for a couple of minutes, then plug it back in, it turns on.

Anonymous said...

Bored at work. Wanted to get peoples' thoughts on the post reason roster.

The way I see it, everything is firmed except for 1 roster spot. Do they go with a right handed bat off the bench (Milledge? Alfonzo?), or a left handed reliever (Williams? Perez?)?

Thoughts?

Anonymous said...

Metsra, you can get a mouse for considerably less than $20.

Anonymous said...

Jon's a Met fan. He'll understand

Metstradamus said...

Folks,

My laptop mouse is internally included on the console. We've tried the "external mouse" installation, and we had disastrous results.

Luckily, I've found a way to use my touchpad to click so I'm close to fully functional. Tooling around my control panel for three hours finally found me a way to figure this out. I should be OK from here on in.

Anonymous said...

That sucks... I hate the touchpad click feature. However, for whatever it's worth, some people love it ans swear that it beats all once you're comfortable with it.

I am not one of those.

Anonymous said...

How many fingers do those people have?

Metstradamus said...

adoniram, I just have to get used to it...since I have no choice right now other than trying to install a mouse or buy a whole new computer.

I'm just worried about working the photoshop. That might be a little uncomfortable...otherwise, I'm all right.

Anonymous said...

I'm just worried about working the photoshop.

You'd never know it, Metstra. The collage on the latest post is pretty good.

Metstradamus said...

Thank you Mike. However that was made when the clickers were still working somewhat. It took me longer than it should have.

Metstradamus said...

Beezermess, you come from a dark chi. Repent.

Anonymous said...

Could you give some specifics? Make of computer, OS, type of mouse, etc.

It should be pretty easy to fix, but since the obvious options seem not to work, let us know some more.

Anonymous said...

metstra, i think it's to your credit that people are this hostile about your busted click-button...they were unhappily deprived of your insights for a whole day.

blog on and good luck with your laptop!

Anonymous said...

independent of your post, ed in westchester, i unplugged the tv and it came back to life. so happy day for me. and my empathy for our host has redoubled, retripled if reyes is up.