When he comes back on the air next week, why not try "The Fran Healy Drinking Game". It can go a little something like this:
When Fran Healy...
- mentions how exciting a player Jose Reyes is: one shot
- mentions how exciting a player David Wright is: one shot
- begs you to "come on out to Shea": one shot
- says the phrase "high drive": one shot
- talks about a player being "locked in": one shot
- says the phrase "can of corn": one shot
- says the phrase "whale of a ballgame": one shot
- talks about a player having "relaxed hands": two shots
- talks about playing with Thurman Munson: two shots
- makes an excuse on behalf of a Mike Piazza bonehead play: two shots
- plugs a product when their advertising is hit on the fly by a home run: three shots
- steps on Ted Robinson and completely ruins a good point: finish the pitcher
And give yourself a congratulatory shot if you're not dead from alcohol poisoning by the third inning.
The game you're watching might look a bit better! It certainly couldn't sound any worse.
Speaking of coming out to Shea, did you know that the Giants, the 55-71 San Francisco Giants, are seriously considering printing playoff tickets?
To me, the worse atrocity is what the Mets are pulling, which is basically allowing ticket scalping to Mets fans who hold club level seats...
The very same people that probably don't need to benefit from making a profit off of Mets tickets.
Thank you again, Wilpon family...for contributing to the eventual death of the middle class.
Steve Trachsel (no record) vs. Kevin Correia (2-4, 4.86 ERA)
Tom Glavine (10-10, 4.10 ERA) vs. Jason Schmidt (10-6, 4.41 ERA)
Kris Benson (9-5, 3.89 ERA) vs. Noah Lowry (10-11, 3.81 ERA)
Benson defeated Jason Schmidt in the finale of the Giants/Mets series at Shea, when Schmidt was returning from injury...it was a 12-1 Mets win, which featured two HR's by Cliff Floyd.
Glavine got the win in the other Met victory in that series, a 5-1 win.