Saturday, June 11, 2005

An Open Letter To Danny Graves

Dear Mr. Graves,

I apologize for repeatedly pointing out your horrendous statistics. I hope this doesn't preclude you from dotting the i's and crossing the t's on your new Mets contract.

By the time I get back from my vacation on June 15th, I hope that you will be on the mound wearing number 32 for the Mets, and I look forward to certain other Mets pitchers wearing number $3.50 on a big button while selling bottled water...in September...during a rain delay.

And if you sign, I will allow you to flip me the bird at any time during your Mets tenure with no repercussions, no questions asked.

See you on the 15th!

Metstradamus

2 comments:

Richard B. Wade said...

Just wanted to let you know that I enjoy reading your blog. It's my only source for all things New York Mets.

Metstradamus said...

Your kind words are much appreciated.

Hopefully by the time the Mets go to San Diego to play your Pods, they're not 18 games out of first and it will be a fun series.

Thanks again.