Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Don't Read The Post Today

"Don't tell me they photoshopped him in a Yankee uniform!"

-Friend of Metstradamus, when informed that he should not read Newsday after they reported that the Yankees and Mike Piazza had mutual interest.

Well no, they didn't. But today:


They couldn't even erase the beard?

Between that and Juan Samuel re-joining the Mets family, my head is spinning.

Roger McDowell a Brave? Juan Samuel a Met again? Mike Piazza rumored to be a Yankee? What gives here anyway?

And was Rick Peterson...

once the lead singer for Foreigner?

Hot blooded, check it and see.

I got a pitch count of a hundred and three.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps Rick picked up the Foreigner belt left behind by the Mooninites and filled Zambrano's eyes with that double vision.

Anonymous said...

Oy, all this with only three weeks 'til pitchers and catchers.

Anonymous said...

Fredstradamus and Metsradamus:

why worry about all of this when:
1. we now have Paul Lo Duca...
2. Juan Samuel is NOT playing centerfield.
3. the Rangers are IN the playoff hunt.

I think that is more important....

Mario

Anonymous said...

Yesterday was the first time I had ever seen Peterson without a hat and a baseball jacket on. I thought he wore those in the damned shower. I did not recognize him while they made him wait for the interview on YES. Off-topic, why can't Rod Marinelli be on the Mets staff? Did you hear him speak at the press conference? Scarier than John Stearns on crack.

Metstradamus said...

Jdon, if you were hired to coach the Lions, I would think a drug dependency habit might be in your future too.

I.M. Forme said...

the mets need for #2 pitcher is Urgent, uh uh uh urgency!

me thinks Mullet man is a "never nude"--

imfm

Anonymous said...

Juan Samuel has class and is a great patriot and hero.

Metstradamus said...

Uh, okay...if you say so.