Saturday, April 25, 2009

Philosophy 101

The Mets continued struggles with men in scoring position (2 for 18 tonight against Washingtn and 13 men left on base) got me thinking:

If you're in scoring position, and you're a Met, are you really in a position to score? Or are you just in a position to eventually make me mad?

RIPTEMMM, if you're scoring at home.

Because the way I see it these days, if you're a Met and you're in a true position to score, you're already standing on the plate. In which case, every RISP scored tonight.

And if you are a Met, you probably want to thank Johan Santana (again) for another hide saving outing. The best way to do this is to not make every game he pitches a must win.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Metstradamus, I love you beyond reason, but this new color scheme is making my eyes hurt and I fear it may lead to seizures.

Metstradamus said...

Thank you for your unconditional love. Hopefully, you'll get used to it. It took me some time too.

Anonymous said...

The Mets are clearly the missing 25 cast members of LOST, endlessly doomed to repeat their same oblivion and weaknesses over and over again. There are no flashbacks to help them learn, no smoke monster to keep them in line. However, like Desmond, Santana is "special."