Here are some fun facts about Benitez:
- Was 143 for 143 in save opportunites against the Mets in 2003 for Florida.
- Was 143 for 143 in save opportunites for the Mets in months April-August against teams at least 45 games under .500.
- Was 3 for 87 in save opportunites in the month of September for the Mets.
- Was 0 for 293 in save opportunites against teams who's name starts with the letter B and ends in "raves".
- Players under 4' tall are hitting .390 against Benitez.
Here's a Metstradamus prophecy: on a cold September night against Atlanta, Armando Benitez will once again be haunted by the ghosts of Chippers past, and blow yet another save against the Braves thereby flushing the pennant down the toilet. He will walk off the mound with his head down past his knees while "The Lonely Man" from the Incredible Hulk TV series serenades him to the dugout.
Get well soon Armando.